Here's some advice - I hope it is helpful, but I know depression is very complicated and I am not a professional.

First, have you been checked out thoroughly to make sure there is no physical basis for your depression such as low iron or low thyroid?

Second, if there is a bookstore near you with a good selection of books on depression, skim through some of them. See if any of the therapies sound like they might be helpful for you.

Do you have a close friend you can really talk to?
If you are religious, have you considered talking to a religious advisor or praying?

Try keeping a little journal each day. Write about how you feel and why. You need to sort out what is making you so unhappy.

Some people find exercise helpful. I advocate exercise strongly for other reasons but it never helped me when I was depressed. Maybe it would help you.

Some people feel better if they have a pet. Do you think that might help you?

Some people feel better if they help other people. Have you ever volunteered to help others?

For me, what worked was finding someone I could really talk to but sometimes you can't find that someone. Another thing that helped me is a book called "Constructive Living." It is not pro psychiatry at all and the precepts are very difficult to follow but it helped me a lot.

{{{ChiaPet}}} I hope you feel better and here's a small ray of sunshine - Your screen name is very creative - have you thought of doing something artistic? Maybe you need a creative outlet like acting or painting. Please post back and let us know how you are doing. You are not alone!
Originally Posted by curlypearl
Thanks for reaching out, curlypearl and thanks for the hug. I can tell you have a very kind soul