Baking soda cleanses, and it also opens the cuticles (that's great for low-po hair). ACV helps to restore the ph level, conditions the hair, and closes the cuticle (something low-pos don't need help with but we need the other two benefits).

I use this combo as a clarifying wash occasionally. I only recently learned that bs opens the cuticle so last time I decided to do bs/conditioner/ACV/LI. It seemed to work quite nicely.
Originally Posted by Ml001
I know this post was a long time ago but OH MY GOSH thank you so much for this! I found out I have VERY low porosity hair and started reading on here and found this. I started thinking about it and it makes so much sense! It's really hard for low porosity hair to absorb moisture so if you use baking soda to open the cuticle first, it's much easier for your hair to absorb whatever moisturizer you then use.

Had amazzzing results. Used baking soda, then conditioner to try to get moisture in, then rinse with ACV to close cuticles again and LI for styling. Shiney, defined curl, soft and moisturized, and VOLUME. WOW! I seriously think I went from 2c to 3a just from using this method. Thanks again!!!
Originally Posted by lexiinamor
Wow, thanks so much for explaining this process! I tried it this morning and am AMAZED at the improvement in my texture quality, softness, shine and absence of frizz.
Like lots of curlies w/hard water I was pro-shampoo, but I think you may very well of converted me back to full CG again.
The best part was how fast my hair dried-usually it takes a good 30-40mins just to diffuse. The whole process w/shower and drying time only 1 hour!
Here are the results (first 1 was when hair was only 80% dry the other 2 completely dry and SOTC).
Attached Thumbnails
Baking soda & apple cider vingear question-100_1711.jpg   Baking soda & apple cider vingear question-100_1744.jpg   Baking soda & apple cider vingear question-100_1733.jpg  

Back on the CG wagon!
Hair Type: 2c/3a winter, low porosity, protein sensitive
(Cleanse w/Distilled water only)
Shampoo: Baking soda & brown sugar
Condish: Sauve Naturals green apple or aloe waterlily
Rinse: ACV
LI: Kinky Curly Knot Today
Styler: homemade flaxseed gel, topped w/KC Spiral Spritz
DT: veg. glycerin mixed w/conditioner
"Life's a garden. Dig it."