I just went through your blog. Both of you (my brother and you) have very similar hair types.
The leave-in conditioner and shampoo, I don't know where to get it in England apart from ordering it off BritishCurlies.co.uk which I don't mind doing, actually.
I also doubt he'll ever get some gel into his hair.
Seriously, I'm tempted to get empty bottles of his shampoos and filling them with sulfate-free shampoos and conditioners.
If I ever go visit him at his uni again, I'm tempted to replace all his combs. How I'll do that, I don't know. Maybe if he steps out for a bit, I'll just chuck all his combs and brushes into my bag, replace them with wide-toothed ones, leave a note on them that says, "I'm sorry, but I had to do this," "Consider this as a gift," or something.
I'll see if he's okay with following your regimen. It sounds really good to me, but I don't know if he'll even consider it.
Things I use: Olive Oil, Canola oil, rosemary oil, aloe vera gel, shea butter, mayonnaise, eggs, milk, bananas

Everything I use is 100% natural. I make most of them myself because then I'm sure what's in it and I'm sure nothing's added, it's pure, it's natural.

Things I avoid: Mineral oil (codename: Baby oil), heat (I'm a total, no hair driers, no straighteners, no curling irons, no flat irons, no hot combs...nada), sodium chloride

Growing plan: At least 6 inches longer in a year.