View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 05:46 PM   #6
anonymous_133347

Quote:
Originally Posted by WavyAmee View Post
I don't know how useful my opinion is, since I have fine, thin hair that just turned wavy in the last few years, and I just recently realized that I need to treat it differently than when it was straight. My whole life I have used little or no conditioner because all the experts say too much conditioner will weigh down fine, thin hair. When I read Curly Girl, I started experimenting with using a little more, and a little more, and the more I use the curlier and thicker it looks. So I am new to conditioner and I don't have much to compare SM with. I use maybe 4-5 squirts, which is a lot for me, but I need more when I use Suave coconut. It also feels more slippery/oily than the Suave, but it is just as easy to rinse out. And I just love the smell.

I keep looking at the coconut hibiscus line, but I'm afraid to buy because it specifically says for thick, curly hair.
Funny I used to wish my hair would turn straight but now I'd be sad if my curls up and left me.

Why don't you go buy the C&H product from Target or Walgreens? I believe they let you return it if it doesn't work out. The smoothie itself is very, very rich (and my hair likes it) but the curl & shine milk is supposed to be a lighter version. Maybe it's comparable to the yucca milk.

CG since Nov. 2012

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
Condish: TJ 'sTea Tree Tingle*, SM Moisture Retention* + Curl & Shine + Yucca Baobab, Yes to Blueberries
Stylers: KCKT*, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie* + Curl & Style Milk*, KCCC*, FSG*, CJ Pattern Pusha, Curl Keeper
Sealers: Jojoba* or Grapeseed* oil

* = HG

anonymous_133347 is offline   Reply With Quote