Someone mentioned on another thread that the defining factor in getting second day hair may be elasticity. If your hair doesn't bounce back well when stretched the curls can't reform themselves after stretching. I got normal elasticity on my hair analysis, but whenever I pull my hair back in a ponytail, I can't wear it down after that. The front part that's pulled back will more or less stay straight. I've always been envious of people whose hair could bounce back.

Before doing cg and when my hair was longer, I would wash it at night and get up and go the next day. Since it was long the top (part that got slept on) was a lot straighter. Plus before I got in the working world I didn't care as much about how it looked. Now that its much curlier whether from being shorter or cg, I am never truly happy with how it looks in the morning even if I'm willing to live with it.
Originally Posted by elizard
That may be a very good point. I have fine hair & I'm pretty sure it's elasticity sucks. I can't put it up & expect to be able to take it down again. Ponytail dent from hell.
fine, thin, normal/(low?) porosity. Mod-CG. Usually I can't co-wash more than 1x a week, & sometimes I have to use T-Gel in rotation due to scalp issues.

Co-wash: VO5 Volumizing
Poo: Giovanni 50:50
RO:TN, Nexxus Youth Renewal, Alba Coconut
LI: KCKT
PT: gelatin PT, ION EC
Stylers: Giovanni mousse, TIGI Curls Rock amplifier (a-cone), Curls Rock Strong Hold Mousse
Gels: SCC spray gel