Your hair may not be long enough to consider using curl towels to cut down on dry time, but it's worth a try. Many of us us Curls Like Us Curl Cloths - CurlMart You could try using a cotton tee shirt or flour sack towel to help squeeze out some of the water.

Nappy_curly_crown (who is looking incredible these days, I might add) made a good suggestion about trying other products. I know that my hair prefers the more natural products from the online, boutique type companies. Usually, a little goes a long way--which makes them more cost effective then it appears.

The other thing to try is rotating products. My hair has always satiated on product--even back in my shampoo/conditioner only days. I wet, use a rinse out and style every day. Seldom let myself use a product more then every five days.
3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
modified CG, since April '07
CG since 3/11/08

SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic (now Hello Curly Curl Stimulater); Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix and CCCC