I see this as my fault, because I kept changing stylists, but now I've found one I trust (Mary)and will stay with her. However, before that I ended up with one stylist that cut my shortest layer 2 inches from my head! I told her I wanted LONG layers and she still cut it short. I was in shock....I've only recently been able to get it in a pony tail because it was so short. And not only did she cut the layers short, she razor cut the rest of it....I looked like Joan Jet. Anyway, it's been 8 months now, and that layer is about eye level now, and my goal is to get the shortest layer down to my chin. When I finally ended up with my current stylist I will now stay with, I feel like I had a sort of counseling session with her first before I let her do anything on me. I told her my horror story and told her I was scared to even let anyone touch my hair again. All she ended up doing with me that day was "clean up the edges" because we both agreed that I'm still in the growing out process. I love her and trust her....I'm done bouncing around to different stylists....I'm staying with "Mary" now forever!
Fine/3a-c hair, CG since 2006
C/O wash: Suave Waterlily Aloe, As I am Coconut Co-wash
Stylers: Kinky Curly Custard Cream, Kinky Curly Knot Today Detangler,Herbal Essence Set me Free Gel, Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
HG: Neutral protein filler
DT: Coconut Oil, Argan Oil
Special Considerations: I frequently color because I have almost 50% grey, I use a semi-permanent to reduce damage