I never post, I just stalk threads, but your hair sounds just like mine! I think I'm more like a 3c or 4a/b (I don't really know because my hair is recovering), but my sister (2 years old) and baby me had loose wavier curls, very similar to that picture. As I got older the curls got tighter but it still had a definite curl pattern. When I was 13 my mom let my occasionally straighten and relax my hair. I stopped relaxing after about 2 year because (omg!) it actually started to get straight and not just looser curls. Then I grew my relaxer out, but keep flat ironing it regularly. Although it got curlier it still didn't look right to me when it was curly. It would look really pretty soaking wet, but dry into a big fizzy mess no matter how much product I put on it. I guess I did the equivalent of a BC (I just wanted something different), but my hair was still not curling right despite the fact that at this point I had not relaxed in years and stopped using heat after my BCish thing (this was still a mixture of pre and post heat hair though). 2 weeks ago I did a protein treatment (I'll try to find the link) and FINALLY my hair is starting to curl up and behave and it feels much nicer. I would recommend looking into the hair properties (particularly porosity). I believe I naturally have high porous hair, but that the side effects of heat, relaxer, and color altered even my new growth to be more porous, which is probably happening to you too. Protein treatments and protein heavy products (SheaMoisture!) will help you regain your curls if that is your problem. A sidenote: the whole put a piece of hair in a cup of water didn't work for me, I just read about porosity and used my common sense)