Both fine and coarse curlies seem to like, if not no poo, then certainly next to no poo or less poo. It's all about finding a balance. If you can try to assess what your hair likes you might put more moisturizing product towards the back and less to the front. More protein towards the front, less towards the back. This might be easier to do when styling... Also try and find a conditioning product that both textures of your hair might appreciate. I was surprised to hear a bunch of fine haired women (pun there) say that they like my As I Am Coconut Co-wash-which is protein free and works for my coarse hair. Have you visited livecurlylivefree.com yet? It might help you figure out a way to treat each texture. Also you can go to your hairdresser and ask them to do softer bouncier layers in the front to encourage waves/curl while leaving the back a little longer. That's a haircut that looks flattering on a lot of people since it frames the face.
3A - C, HP, ME, HD. (Coarse, High Porosity, Medium Elasticity, High Density.)

CG since Nov. 2012

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
Condish: TJ 'sTea Tree Tingle*, SM Moisture Retention* + Curl & Shine + Yucca Baobab, Yes to Blueberries
Stylers: KCKT*, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie* + Curl & Style Milk*, KCCC*, FSG*, CJ Pattern Pusha, Curl Keeper
Sealers: Jojoba* or Grapeseed* oil

* = HG