So this morning I used this diluted with some water to refresh my curls when I woke up. It gave me great curl reactivation but left a slight crunch. Probably best to apply sopping wet and not reapply the next day then. Also can somebody tell me if there's protein in it? There seems to be some discrepancy in the ingredients listed here on naturally curly (on the product review database) and on the actual bottle that I bought.

For instance, three ingredients that are listed on NC:

1) humulus lupulus extract (hops), 2) hedychium coronarium root extract (australian white ginger), and 3) panthenol

are not on the bottle I bought.

Also two ingredients acrylates copolymer and disodium edta have moved further down the list but then that's mainly because of the removal of the other three ingredients now that I look at it. So it's not as though there's less of these two. . .

So even though I got a bit of a crunch with this gel today, it's not a dry unsavory crunch like I get with the argan ecostyler or the devagel. (Both of which contain protein.) It's hard to explain. . . My hair still feels healthy and hydrated when I play with it in spite of the gel cast. But that could also be because the gel's glycerin free maybe

Anyways here is what it says on naturally curly:

water, laureth 23, ppolyquaternium 4, hydroxyethylcellulose, benzyl alcohol, acrylates/beheneth 25 methacrylate copolymer, aminomethyl propanol, dmdm hydantoin, acrylates copolymer, fragrance, disodium edta, prunus serotina bark extract (wild cherry), humulus lupulus extract (hops), hedychium coronarium root extract (australian white ginger), panthenol

And what it says on the bottle:

water, laureth 23, ppolyquaternium 4, hydroxyethylcellulose, benzyl alcohol, acrylates/beheneth 25 methacrylate copolymer, aminomethyl propanol, dmdm hydantoin, fragrance, prunus serotina bark extract (wild cherry),acrylates copolymer, disodium edta
3A - C, HP, ME, HD. (Coarse, High Porosity, Medium Elasticity, High Density.)

CG since Nov. 2012

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
Condish: TJ 'sTea Tree Tingle*, SM Moisture Retention* + Curl & Shine + Yucca Baobab, Yes to Blueberries
Stylers: KCKT*, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie* + Curl & Style Milk*, KCCC*, FSG*, CJ Pattern Pusha, Curl Keeper
Sealers: Jojoba* or Grapeseed* oil

* = HG

Last edited by dusalocks; 02-07-2013 at 09:15 PM.