You should go to the wavies section and post that question! I bet they have a lot of tips.

For me, best way to enhance curl is to only comb or finger detangle your hair when it is sopping wet and full of conditioner. Then rinse. Then when you get out of the shower, since your wave/curl pattern is probably very loose, you should apply your leave in (if you use one-it weighs some people down) first maybe, then scrunch out excess moisture with an old t-shirt. (Don't use a regular terrycloth towel because it causes frizz.) Then apply mousse or a gel or whatever styling agent you prefer and scrunch up. Then a lot of the wavies I know diffuse dry their hair to get rid of the rest of the water since water weighs down their waves. They also sometimes rinse their hair and apply product and even diffuse upside down. All again to take the weight off. But your hair's properties are so much more important than your hair type. Ingredients can and will make a difference in your curl pattern. If you're fine for instance and your hair is not getting enough protein, that's robbing your curl of its bounce. And if you're coarse or maybe medium texture and overloading your hair with protein, that can make is heavy and stick-straighter. Also can make it feel dry. Porosity plays a role too. If your hair is low porosity it can take forever to dry and that'll weigh down the curl, won't it? Also lower porosity girls find that some products don't absorb into the hair and just sit on top it, weighing down the curl and causing buildup. That's not fun. I'm coarse and porous so my hair absorbs everything (especially protein) so I'd better be careful.

Go to livecurlylivefree.com to figure out your properties. It also has advice on styling. (I love this site so much I can't believe it's free.) But do consult the 2s forum. It's a happening place. I like to drop by and lurk and learn things to help my wavie friends.

Almost forgot: Go check out the curly girl method.

http://www.wikihow.com/Follow-the-Cu...for-Curly-Hair

The Curly Girl Handbook also has explicit instructions on how to style wavie hair. Just to go the bookstore, get a coffee and a table and have yourself a good read. I promise you'll be absorbed in no time. It's a light read too. And if you buy it there's a dvd that shows some techniques. Just remember when it comes to CG for wavies they sometimes need to lighten up on the conditioner. Also they on occasion need to low poo instead of straight up co-washing. If that's your hair completely unstyled you have great curl potential!

Check out this thread! (I emailed it to a friend to try and get her to embrace her waves.)

2a peeps . . . 3 Months In - There is HOPE! (pics)
3A - C, HP, ME, HD. (Coarse, High Porosity, Medium Elasticity, High Density.)

CG since Nov. 2012

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
Condish: TJ 'sTea Tree Tingle*, SM Moisture Retention* + Curl & Shine + Yucca Baobab, Yes to Blueberries
Stylers: KCKT*, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie* + Curl & Style Milk*, KCCC*, FSG*, CJ Pattern Pusha, Curl Keeper
Sealers: Jojoba* or Grapeseed* oil

* = HG

Last edited by dusalocks; 02-08-2013 at 12:07 AM.