I'd like consolidation, but with stickied threads for common subtopics. I've seen other forums use this format, and I think it works really well. The OP of each sticky is a FAQ that's updated as people post advice in the thread. This will reduce the problem of redundant threads, which are annoying to answer, and make comprehensive information difficult to piece together. Plus, ongoing, stickied threads encourage conversation and collaboration, which is a lot more fun than dry questions and answers.

So, a board for hairtype 2 might have stickies for 2a, 2b, and 2c. A board for No/Low Poo might have a stickies about getting started and which products are "safe." Whatever the questions are that people ask over and over again.

Thinking about what boards we should have, IMO we need boards for hairtypes and for ingredient concerns: 2, 3, & 4, no/low poo, protein free, and natural ingredients (including recipes). Other topics that may need their own boards are dye, straightening, and health issues affecting hair or scalp. And weren't the Over 40s and Pregnancy boards pretty popular?

The last time there was a poll about which boards we should have, I was one of the people who voted for adding way more of them I WAS WRONG.