View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 01:57 PM   #19
anonymous_133347

Thanks Jules! I'm happy to report I believe this product is protein free, and the only humectant I can recognize from the ingredient list is laureth-23. I had this product in my hair for second through third day hair and I when I went to wash it this morning (fourth day hair) my hair was not dried out at all. Seemed very happy and soft. But that might be becausae in addition to the AIF, I also had KCKT, KCCC and SMCES in my hair, all of which are very moisturizing products. In any case, with Aussie both the second and third day hair looked great. I'm using it today instead of my KCCC as an experiment and even though it's still rather wet it looks all right. Good curl formation. No frizz whatsoever even with that polyquat. However I may not repurchase the Aussie gel because I prefer more natural ones (and those that haven't been tested on animals.) Plus the synthetic cherry scent rather annoys me. I did however run this item through the Cosmetic Safety Database and it got a 4 rating which is not too high and relatively safe. But I also have some pattern pusha gel coming my way via post and if that product can provide the extra hold and I fall in love with it then I'll just use this up. Or keep it just in case. But so far it's promising and nice to know there's a drugstore standby gel that's protein free for my hair! How exciting!

CG since Nov. 2012

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
Condish: TJ 'sTea Tree Tingle*, SM Moisture Retention* + Curl & Shine + Yucca Baobab, Yes to Blueberries
Stylers: KCKT*, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie* + Curl & Style Milk*, KCCC*, FSG*, CJ Pattern Pusha, Curl Keeper
Sealers: Jojoba* or Grapeseed* oil

* = HG

anonymous_133347 is offline   Reply With Quote