View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 07:25 AM   #81
hutch

I won't lie. I used to wish I had a looser curl pattern (ie 3a) but now I've learned to really embrace aka properly style my 3b (from front of ear to hairline -- if that makes sense) and 3c (everywhere else) curls. I did wish that everywhere was 3b, but I don't anymore. It really does come down to learning how to properly do your hair. It took me 2 years to figure out how to do a wash and go and how to properly diffuse my hair. Natural hair/curly hair really does take patience.

And then it was also learning how to do my hair with the 2 different curl types as well as dealing with my naturally frizzy roots.

I think the point I'm making is it takes patience. And I feel like you should always leave yourself the option to go curly because I know I would get lazy and not always feel like flatironing. I did constant flat ironing because I want comfortable in my curls, I wasn't used to it, but now that I've got it down I like the flexibility. I can be curly, but if I ever want to flat iron, nothing is stopping me (now I rarely do bc I love what I have and I fear heat damage -- heat damage and I used to be BFFs, lol).
Leave-in: Paul Mitchell the Conditioner
Styling Products: EcoStyler Olive Oil Gel
Oils: Coconut oil. Carol's Daughter Hair Balm.
Deep Conditioner: Shea Moisture African Black Soap Purification Masque (also a great detangler and cleanser)
hutch is offline   Reply With Quote