I am Haitian too. Your friend has a good point. I love my Haitian, Dominican friends and everyone else.
Originally Posted by rmc2
Haiti represent whoot woot! Lol. Sak pase?!

Yea im not even going to lie i had a hard time excepting their ways especially towards us. But this guy im talking about makes up for all of the ignorance lol. He taught me a good lesson

Sent from my MB612 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by dee-nature
Helloooo neighbors! Haha

By the way I'm glad you guys have people that show you contrary...it's no lie that Dominicans belittle Haitians whenever possible. I can't explain if it's historical (disdain coming from when D.R was ruled by Haiti) or racial (because we're sooo white you know, lol) or what but...it's a problem and a damned shame.

I can't wait until I go back to D.R (Dec 2013) and rock my natural! I'm still transitioning but I pray I'll be able to get a good, big ol' afro if I disrupt my pattern...my Dominican family might just put me on the next boat straight to Africa but I'll risk it to make my statement! Lol
Originally Posted by RizosMio
Sak pase!
Wow, i never knew there were so many Haitians on this site!
No jk, i am haitian too, but in 7th grade, my mother told me about my ethnicity for a project. Apparently, my great grandfather was Cuban on my Grandfather's side and on my maternal grandmother's side, she's mixed with something, i don't remember exactly. On my fathers side, my grandfather is also mixed but he has Alzheimer's. So he doesn't remember. By the end of the year, when the project is due, 3 people come up to me and say, "But i thought you were Asian." That really shocked me. I mean, i don't think i have the physical attributes of Asians. Why would they say so?
Oh well.

And in 6th grade, i remember this girl asked me, is your hair naturally curly?

What is that supposed to mean?

I know now but seriously?

I know what you mean by Dominicans belittling Haitians. I mean many Dominicans have Haitian backgrounds, i mean you share an island. But they don't acknowledge that.
Curls: 3c/4a I can't distinguish between the two!!!!!!
Shampoo: Mizani, Bed Head Control Freak, Pert(mixed with water)
Conditioner: Mizani, Bed Head, Aura Moisturizing conditioner
Gels: Eco Styler Krystal

Curl Defining Products: Curls Unleashed
Leave-in: Conditioner mixed with water and EVOO, it's a 10.
Oils: Tea Tree, EVOO, OO, Coconut oil