Okay, that's really interesting. I remember back before I was cone free I tried Pantene relaxed and natural conditioner and my hair hated it! This conditioner contains (contained, not sure if they still make it?) castor oil, and my hair had that same coated/dry tangled feeling. I think you are on to something! Sometimes it's just as useful to find out what ingredients my hair hates as it is to find out what it loves 😊 Thanks! Luckily for me, it seems like castor oil isn't that common an ingredient in most products?
If you don't mind, can you tell me what products you got rid of that contained it so I avoid them?
Again, thanks for the tip!
Originally Posted by Marie01141976
I haven't used castor oil since sometime in '08. It was the CV soap bar and a sample of something someone sent me, so I don't remember which one. I mostly buy products from the online, boutique type companies. Am careful about reading ingredients and don't buy anything with castor oil. My hair reacts the same way to mineral oil.

Just read before you use anything.
3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
modified CG, since April '07
CG since 3/11/08

SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Marie Dean Leave Ins and Curl Creams