Greatcurls, you bring up some interesting points. Just like me, your hair hasn't been relaxed or colored. I'm assuming you haven't even been using heat tools regularly like I was so your hair must be quite healthy and yet it's naturally dry! Looking at your signature it's obvious you treat your hair very nicely and know a thing or two about it since you've already established a winter regimen.

The part about residue is also curious. All of my products have played nicely so far and I haven't experienced buildup or residue, but part of me thinks it's just a matter of time. Or maybe it's the luck of the draw in choosing products that happen to not clash. Even on un-clarified hair. I actually waited a good two months after turning CG before I clarified and even then I didn't feel as though I needed to, I just kind of wanted to try it. But boy did my hair feel stripped afterwards. I babied it back within 2 days but it's left me thinking the next time I clarify I better really, really need to.

(Strange sidenote: I had to poo out this silicone serum they snuck into my hair at the salon last week and the straight up sulfate shampoo-Suave Naturals Coconut-did not dry my hair out as much as the sulfate free clarifying one- Trader Joes Tea Tree Tingle. I might use the sulfates next time.)

Oh, I'm not sure about shine and high porosity but you raise another good point there. If our hair is dry, then how can it be shiny? Part of me wants to believe it's my natural shine but part of me wonders if it's just all the amazing products I've been using. It's funny when I was using silicones my hair used to be rather dull. (Probably because I was using Wen which doesn't have sulfates to poo them out so I must've had a lot of buildup.) The moment I went CG it got very shiny. That's why I thought it was healthy. Anyways I do moisturize the hell out of it. And it is shiny no matter which product and combinations I use so long as they're CG.

Thank you so much for the compliment by the way! I'm surprised you can even see my hair at all in that teeny tiny screenshot. Once I'd uploaded the picture I was bummed because my hair seemed so dark you couldn't see the curls and my arms look ghastly white too for some reason. (This is on my screen.) The site wouldn't let me change though. Kept jamming. But at least it let me upload an avatar at all. I tried a month ago and no dice.

Okay I keep going off topic. Someone else with high porosity please do chime in so Greatcurls and I can compare notes with you! I've been curious about my porous hair for a few weeks now. I was thinking I could "repair" it to achieve medium porosity but I've since come to the conclusion that my hair will probably always be dry and in need of moisture. That's okay. I just want to know for sure.

P.S. My hair tangles pretty easily too. Especially the right side for some reason.
3A - C, HP, ME, HD. (Coarse, High Porosity, Medium Elasticity, High Density.)

CG since Nov. 2012

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
Condish: TJ 'sTea Tree Tingle*, SM Moisture Retention* + Curl & Shine + Yucca Baobab, Yes to Blueberries
Stylers: KCKT*, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie* + Curl & Style Milk*, KCCC*, FSG*, CJ Pattern Pusha, Curl Keeper
Sealers: Jojoba* or Grapeseed* oil

* = HG

Last edited by dusalocks; 02-12-2013 at 09:52 PM.