No problem. I'm glad to have helped. Yes, you should wait and watch. Your hair is bound to calm down and adjust and get less frizzy with time. So I love Shea Moisture too. It is a high quality brand for a steal of a price. For fine hair that is porous it's a great option. I know the Yucca line (which I think smells heavenly) has vegetable protein which is great for fine hair and thickening agents in it that really work and would be good for your sparse hair. My friend is a fine haired wavie who has her hair cut in an angle bob. Her hair was lying flat and behaving brittle and I got her the Yucca Baobab thickening milk and before my eyes, her hair got bigger and with more body on one application. I wrote a review about it in the product review section because I was so impressed. But since you're already using the Yucca conditioner as a leave in sometimes I imagine that's the same thing. Also your hair might not be naturally porous but just damaged from before going CG. It's possible that over time your porosity can change. So you have to play it by ear. If it's getting overly moisturized you can clarify or hit it with more protein. But for now since it's dry just keep it up with the leave ins. I honestly expected my hair would get sick of leave ins by now but I just keep giving it moisture and it keeps saying "More please!" A lot of the more experienced curlies and CG-ers on here have advised me to "listen" to my hair so I'm trying to do just that. Just keep at it and you should be okay. Also if your hair is a little too dry it might be the glycerine content in your gel since humectants can dry the hair out if the dew points are too high or too low. The dew points might be too low right now where you live since it's wintertime, but it's so difficult to tell since you've only been at it a week. I own one of the deva gels. I was actually very excited about getting it and watched the prices for a week until it dropped down to the one I wanted. Only once I got it didn't agree with my coarse hair. Mostly because of the protein content but I think the glycerine combined with my arid climate did not help. Although I think the archangel is formulated very different from the defining gel so take this warning with a grain of salt.
3A - C, HP, ME, HD. (Coarse, High Porosity, Medium Elasticity, High Density.)

CG since Nov. 2012

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
Condish: TJ 'sTea Tree Tingle*, SM Moisture Retention* + Curl & Shine + Yucca Baobab, Yes to Blueberries
Stylers: KCKT*, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie* + Curl & Style Milk*, KCCC*, FSG*, CJ Pattern Pusha, Curl Keeper
Sealers: Jojoba* or Grapeseed* oil

* = HG

Last edited by dusalocks; 02-13-2013 at 01:25 PM.