View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 12:36 PM   #40
anonymous_133347

Actually Amber must fork over a bit to the salon as she rents her station. Nevertheless, I also have found that independent stylists in this situation (who rent a space) tend to charge more reasonably. Also a few of them tend to give you a discount if you pay with cash and thus "off the books".

I might try a deva cut somewhere someday, but for me it seems a little scary. I'd like to have the option to blow my hair out again and wear it straight with it all perfectly even. That is even with the fact that I adore my curly hair and don't plan on wearing it straight anytime soon. Yes I have had plenty of wet cuts that looked even enough when cut wet but then dried uneven, but the stylist I see now never does that to me so. . . why change? Also if a lot of deva stylists are as pushy about the products as you guys say they are then we are not going to get along. Deva products are protein heavy and therefore iffy in my hair and if any stylist were to try and convince me otherwise they'd get a good long lecture. Also if one were to try to discourage me from using say coconut oil (which is great for hair!) or from shampooing once in a while (honestly once every two months or even everyday if it works for Myrna as an individual) I'd get very irritated. I hate being condescended to. And who knows my hair better than myself?

CG since Nov. 2012

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
Condish: TJ 'sTea Tree Tingle*, SM Moisture Retention* + Curl & Shine + Yucca Baobab, Yes to Blueberries
Stylers: KCKT*, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie* + Curl & Style Milk*, KCCC*, FSG*, CJ Pattern Pusha, Curl Keeper
Sealers: Jojoba* or Grapeseed* oil

* = HG

anonymous_133347 is offline   Reply With Quote