I love this line. I have dry, highly porous, protein finicky hair and it loves Shea Moisture.

Curl Enhancing Smoothie: Has silk protein and glycerin content but for some reason this never bothers me or dries my hair out. I use it as a base styler before gel or as an extra layer of leave in. It's very rich so be light with it. I also use it to refresh second and third day curls sometimes. Smells tropical and fruity.

Curl & Style Milk: Just bought this. It also contains silk protein which doesn't bother me but I'm not sure if I love it yet. It's great for smoothing down frizzies and I'm testing it out to refresh second day hair but I'm not sure if I like it more than the smoothie. Maybe I'll try it as a leave in next. It smells more like coconut than the smoothie. Sweeter, less hibiscusy smell. (I prefer the smoothie smell, but this is nice too.)

Restorative Conditioner: Super moisturizing. Contains panthenol but I don't consider that a protein. I like it as a deep treatment really but it works well as a rinse out, it just doesn't have that much slip so you really have to let it sit. Smells earthy. Sort of like mud. But not in an unpleasant way and it doesn't linger.

Moisture Retention Shampoo: Love this stuff! Also contains panthenol. Doesn't feel like shampoo at all really and does not dry out my hair. I only low poo once a week though. Not sure if I used it more often it would strip me. Smells nice. Kind of floraly.

Yucca Baobab Shampoo: This one foams more and I absolutely adore the smell. (Very floral and woodsy.) It contains vegetable protein but it's not a penetrating product (it doesn't sit in my hair for any length of time) so I'm not worried. Again, this one doesn't dry me out and I only use it once a week. Actually I switch off on these low poos so once every two weeks for either of them.

Yucca Baobab Thickening Milk: Can't do a testimonial for myself here but I got this for my friend who is a fine haired wavie and her hair instantly had body the moment she applied this stuff. It was amazing so it really does have a volumizing effect. It also made her hair very soft. I may repurchase for another fine haired curly I'm trying to convince to go CG.

Anyways, I adore Shea Moisture so far. I also want to try the yucca conditioner for myself, the curl gelly, and the curl & shine co-wash. Also there's talk of a mousse and I don't like mousses in general for myself but you had better believe if Shea Moisture is making it I'm trying it. I love their ingredients, the quality of the products, their prices, and even their packaging is very nice and aesthetically appealing to me. They're one of my HG brands and I'm so happy to have discovered them early.
3A - C, HP, ME, HD. (Coarse, High Porosity, Medium Elasticity, High Density.)

CG since Nov. 2012

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
Condish: TJ 'sTea Tree Tingle*, SM Moisture Retention* + Curl & Shine + Yucca Baobab, Yes to Blueberries
Stylers: KCKT*, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie* + Curl & Style Milk*, KCCC*, FSG*, CJ Pattern Pusha, Curl Keeper
Sealers: Jojoba* or Grapeseed* oil

* = HG