Recently I went no-poo. I wash my hair once a week and my routine is as follows:

I make sure that my hair is wet thoroughly with warm (though not hot) water. Then I apply a small amount of conditioner (CJ Beauticurls Argan and Olive Oil) on my hair and divide it with a wide-tooth comb. Then I put it in a bun for a couple of minutes and then rinse it as thoroughly as I can.
Originally Posted by Lauraimes
If this description is ALL you do then you need to massage your scalp while you're putting in the conditioner too. Letting the conditioner just sit there won't clean your scalp, just like with hand washing its the friction that removes dirt & oil, the soap, conditioner, whatever just helps it rinse away easier.

I rotate conditioners/co-washes but my routine is always about the same. I wet my hair, add some co-wash to my ends then distribute a generous amount on my head, top to nape, and start working that through. I then add more conditioner to my palm and rub it on my fingertips and massage it into my scalp with pads of my fingers (no nails!). I keep massaging all over my scalp until it feels slick and my fingers are going numb I then rinse while still masaging and add more/different conditioner to sit for a rinse out condish.
There is a good description in the Curly Girl book and on this website, probably YouTube too. But the main thing is to rub/massage your scalp. You may want to lo-poo or clarify to get a clean slate at this point. I lo-poo about once a week when I PT & DT.

HTH
2A / F / MD / LP / ?E / BSL --- CG since Dec. 2012

This is what I'm happiest with right now.
Co-wash: CJ DailyFix
Lo-poo: DermOrganic low-poo
RO: SS Caitlin's co
Leave-in: SheScentIt Okra Repair condish
PT: SS Caitlin's + SS PT
Stylers: Volumax Mega Gel, Max Green Styling Gel, DermOrganics Spray Gel
Techniques: Plopping & Pixie Diffusing.
glycerin, honey, oils & butters Protein!