Thread: fibromyalgia?
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 12:06 PM   #49
asugirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldencurly View Post
I use the following : Amazon.com: Jarrow Formulas Ribose Muscle Edge Powder, 100g: Health & Personal Care

Amazon.com: SOURCE NATURALS Magnesium Bis-Glycinate 100mg 60 TAB: Health & Personal Care

Amazon.com: Source Naturals, Magnesium Malate 1250 mg 90 Tablets: Health & Personal Care

Amazon.com: Magnesium Chloride Flakes 2.2 lb (35.27 oz) Flakes by Swanson Ultra: Health & Personal Care

Amazon.com: THORNE RESEARCH - Deproloft-HF - 120 caps [Health and Beauty]: Health & Personal Care

The magnesium pills are larger than say extra strength Tylenol. Spring - you could try tricking them down in a spoon of applesauce or even use a pill cutter to halve them first.

The last item Deproloft-HF really has improved my quality of sleep. I started taking it for anxiety/depression. It helps me not feel so overwhelmed and makes me feel more relaxed and settled without making me feel like a zombie - which is what Cymbalta did. I will take it as long as I can afford it just for the improved sleep!!! And the good news - these are pretty small.

All the magnesium has helped my achiness and throbbing in my legs and back and I no longer have cramps in my feet in the middle of the night.

Spring - have you talked to your doctor about fibromyalgia? When mine was trying to figure out what was wrong with me, all my blood tests were perfectly normal. She did some kind of pressure point test to confirm it was FM. Just putting a name to it was a relief because I thought I was nuts to keep complaining about how bad I felt. I know I sounded crazy but it was true.

Smiling Elephant - (((HUGS))) Hang in there. If you are taking meds for fibromyalgia, wean off them slowly - coming off can be brutal and send you spiralling into worse pain. I took 4+ months to wean off Lyrica. I saw a chiropractor 1 - 2 times a week during that period. It was incredibly expensive to pay that co-pay but it really helped me deal with it. I wish I had known about magnesium and ribose back then!

FM just sucks.
I am so glad to find this thread! I just realized recently that all the sore places on my body - for YEARS - are the exact same as all of the tender points in the fibromyalgia diagrams. I saw one and thought "that's me!" I thought it was because of two car accidents I was in in rapid succession about 20 years ago. I've been going to the chiropractor and using anything from hubby's body rubs to body rub cream to finding any good way to stretch to make the pain go away ever since. My sore spots have now become my erogenous zones lol. If my husband can get those to feel better, I am happy.

Goldencurly - I'm going to try your dosages from above - great info!

Btw - what is the difference between magnesium bis-glycinate and magnesium glycinate? Vitacost only has the second - would either be fine?

Last edited by asugirl; 02-17-2013 at 12:18 PM.
asugirl is offline   Reply With Quote