Hi, I'm new to this forum. I am posting this as sort of a last ditch effort to save my hair before I chop it all off out of frustration. Here's the problem:

My hair is 3c, very dry frizzy, and unmanageable. I thought it was getting better, about a year ago, when I moved away from a state with hard water, but now I am seeing breakage like never before. While the top half of my hair is dense and frizzy, with absolutely no curl definition, the bottom is defined and thin and scraggly. You can see right through the bottom half of my hair.

Why is the bottom so thin and how do I get the top defined? As f now, I have no real regimen. I basically shampoo once a week, condition almost every day, and untangle 2-3 times a week with m hands or a wide-toothed comb. I have no preference of hair products, but have continually experimented with new ones to no avail.

I have attached a photo to illustrate the problem. The light shining behind me emphasizes the issue quite well I think.

Any help you can offer would be much appreciated. I'm pretty much ready to chop the whole darn thing off and start from scratch

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Breakage and Thinning. Help!-snapshot_20130217_2.jpg