View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 01:28 PM   #27
anonymous_133347

Quote:
Originally Posted by sKorpio1190 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusalocks View Post
skorpio, if you ever find anyone who can help you out in the haircut department, I do think layers might help with the clumping. When hair is all one length, it tends to stick together and wind around itself more, forming larger clumps. When you have different lengths it's more piecey and you have more individual clumps and volume. It might not be the products or the method so much, but that your hair just needs shaping.
I think that could be it too. Because despite changing methods, products, etc my hair just all clumps together and sits there. It has no life to it and looks like a mop to me :-/ I'm gonna see if I can find someone to cut it
Don't come down so hard on it. I've seen pictures and your hair is full of life, I promise. Like Korkscrew said, hair is subjective in general and I suspect your hair is very pretty day-to-day even if it's all one length and you just can't see it because we're all our own worst critics. Nevertheless, I admit I was feeling a little moppish with my hair the way it was. So much so that I half considered chopping it off so I could get the big, bouncy hair I wanted without the weight and the bush. Now with the layers I see a big difference in the way my hair curls now and the shape overall. It definitely has more bounce no matter what products I use! And as you can see from my signature, I'm experimenting in general. I think products and technique are very important, but the foundation of good hair, especially good curly hair, is a good haircut. Try the salon finder thingy on here and see if you can find anyone nearby who has good really good reviews. I'm lucky. I discovered my favorite stylist by accident. But if I didn't have her I'd just check here.

CG since Nov. 2012

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
Condish: TJ 'sTea Tree Tingle*, SM Moisture Retention* + Curl & Shine + Yucca Baobab, Yes to Blueberries
Stylers: KCKT*, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie* + Curl & Style Milk*, KCCC*, FSG*, CJ Pattern Pusha, Curl Keeper
Sealers: Jojoba* or Grapeseed* oil

* = HG

anonymous_133347 is offline   Reply With Quote