You tried the protein treatments and it was CPR for your hair? What does that mean?

I get my hair cut every 6 weeks on the dot and take about a half inch off everytime. What protein and deep conditioning treatments do y'all suggest?
Originally Posted by CurlyJess106
i love curling irons for daily styling because they give me a more predictible look than wearing my hair natural. i work in jewelry so i feel like it's important to look dolled up in that environment. sadly, i've consistently been able to see the direct result of that lifestyle choice: fried, "dead christmas tree" ends.

i like to wear my hair curly, but i've felt like i can only do it on 1st day fresh out of the shower hair, and even if it starts out pretty, my curls are wilted, flat, and lazy by mid-day. and forget about perking the curls back up 2nd day!

i've peeked around naturally curly occasionally for years, and have tried to avoid sulfates and 'cones in my products, but i've recently realized that i need to overhaul my whole 'vicious cycle' haircare routine (overmoisturizing by co-washing with a drugstore hair masque is a big culprit!) to have healthier hair that acts the way i want it to so i got serious about getting & applying all the useful info this site has to offer.

my 1st 'new hair stuff' purchase was the Giovanni Nutrafix Hair Reconstructer (PT) & Fairy Tales Energizing Leave-In. Mixed those together, applied to wet hair, left it in overnight, and woke up to soft, shiny, bouncy hair! once I rinsed it out, i was able to scrunch in some gel & have a great (curly) hair day for the 1st time in awhile! that's what i mean by CPR.

Amanda
2B/3A: fine, dry hair that "wilts"
but seems to love protein!!

Blended Cutie Silky Swirls Shampoo, Eden BodyWorks Peppermint Tea Tree Conditioner, Giovanni Nutrafix, Nutress Protein Pack (PT), Fairy Tales Coco Cabana Leave-In Sun Spray, Nutress Stop Break (LI), SSCEJ, Giovanni Magnetic Gel (styling), Turbie Twist (for plopping)