I agree with you. I first tried the sample kit and really liked the results but HATED the smell. I next bought full size bottles of the DevaCARE line. It is for color treated hair and has more of an orange scent. (I heard it described as baby aspirin!) But I didn't like the way it worked. Had kind of a waxy quality to it. I started this CG business about 9 months ago and have yet to hit on a good combination of any products that consistently work for me. There are the rare days when my hair really looks sharp and I think it is all worth it. But too often I find I look unkempt. But along the way I have tried many shampoos and conditioners and none were a HG. I did just get my hair cut this weekend and the stylist used Deva curl products. I still hate the smell but my hair really felt nice and curled well. I had that same "wow - what a difference" feeling that I did when I first tried the line. And since I am getting pretty fed up with the time and energy and money being spent on my hair (it is not world peace or a cure for cancer!)- I bought it again as one last try before throwing in the (microfiber) towel and returning to the round brush and blow dryer. I will soon know it the results are worth the smell and cost. Hope you find what works for you!