Hi, your hair is very pretty does indeed look frizz free in those pics.

My hair looked similar when it was short and also had the same issue of it being wet forever. I didn't experiment with using a cloth or diffuser then.
I just accepted that it would be wet for a long time and I'd have to restyle in the morning (squished helmet curls that couldn't be refreshed).

Also Eco styler just doesn't work for me, I used it back then, but now realize it was probably the issue. I'm glad you found something that works!

And you mentioned the oil being in the gel, but you are using an actual oil to seal, right? Just wanted to clarify because the amount of oils in the gel probably aren't enough to do much.
Originally Posted by SpiralSpunk
Yes I use olive oil to seal. I have tried grapeseed oil but it weighed my hair down. My hair loves the olive oil.

Oh, I finally learned how to use the diffuser on my hair. I only diffuse for 10 minutes but now my hair dries in four hours versus six (nine hours prior to Shea Moisture). I have to use medium heat on high speed holding it away from my hair at a downward angle. I can't hold it next to my hair like other people. Also I found a way to get second day hair on my twa. I massage coconut oil in my hair sparingly, spritz with water, cover with a plastic cap, and then cover with my satin bonnet. My hair stays moisturized and not smooshed to my head.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using CurlTalk App
3C, CG Method, Low porosity, Low density, Medium Width