I think it's great you're enjoying the freedom of your new cut. Whatever your hair type, going really short sometimes can be liberating and look really good.

To be honest, for most of the time I've had my hair naturally curly it was very low maintenance - I used a cheap shampoo and conditioner (often probably with cones), applied a coney serum or a curl cream in about 1 minute max and just let air dry. I never knew or thought about any of the issues like product or technique or weather that we discuss here. My hair was in great condition and I was happy with my curls - they may not have been at their maximum potential or looked like some of the hair on here, but it was fine and it was easy.

I discovered CG and all the tips here after my hair got damaged by highlights being left on too long at a salon, and since then it has become more difficult. I can't go back to my old methods as shampoo would be too tangling, also now I have found out all this info I want to give it a try. But I think if your hair is undamaged it shouldn't be necessary to do all of it if you don't want to. It is great to do it all and make the most of your curls if you're enjoying it, but if it is a problem then there are easier ways. Now if you are gray or colouring gray it might be harder to keep condition and style easily, not sure but I'm guessing I may find out all too soon. I know it isn't easy for everyone to maintain even undamaged hair, and can only speak for myself, and right now I've been tempted to do something similar to you sometimes!

Anyway, congrats on going for it and good news that you love it! I think you're spot on that we can let go of things and obsessions sometimes. Actually in a way I'm trying to not worry too much about perfect curls in the sense that my curls fall out so quick since the colour damage, but I'm trying to be happy with very loose waves second day if they are not too puffy and frizzy, trying to tell myself if it looks ok it doesn't matter if it isn't curling much.

Pixie cuts are so cool too!
UK based wavy

Mostly waves, but curls and straight bits too!
Fine to medium, high porosity, medium density, very low elasticity
Highlights damage (growing it out), seems to like protein and need lots of moisture.

Cleanse - CJDF, trying out low poos ; Co wash- Uk chemist brands, Urtekram Rose or Aloe, Hairveda Amala Cream Rinse; RO - varies, Tigi Moisture Maniac, Desert Essence Coconut ; Leave in - Keracare natural textures; Sealant - argan oil
Trying out new things, still looking.

Last edited by lucyprimrose; 02-20-2013 at 11:59 AM.