Your posts make me feel so good, not because you too, find more white hairs, but because I feel like I"m not the only one going through this frustration. Like my husband has always said, "If you look, you will find" And for me, it's always true. Like I said, I've got this new one coming on right on the hairline, the worst!! Blonde or white, still yet to be determined, but not my normal color let's just say that!! I swear, some of these poor hairs fight to retain color, I've seen some that go from brown, to blonde to white. Anyways. . . enough about that!
Lemon juice giving volume, I guess, since it must get rid of all oil. I find that too, when I use shampoo, lowpoo I mean, I get my "before" volume back when I used to brush, but then I sleep on it or pull it back and it's flat the next day. I don't get it, it used to stay poofy. But my hubbie says that now that it's used to curling up, it quickly flattens out, who knows. Do you mean you co-wash with conditioner?? I don't. I only water rinse or lowpoo, so I don't think I could use that. Unless I just put it in my conditioner that I use to conditioner my hair, not scalp. That's what I was wondering: did you use the condition/lemon in your hair only or scalp too?? I get the itchies, but after I lowpoo which maks me think I have dry scalp not dandruff.
My routine: wow, I tried so much and now I've just laxed on routines (since I worry about whites) and now I have a routine that seems to work. When I want to get my hair to do it's ringlet thing, I either lowpoo or water rinse, it has to get completely wet. Then I put in my conditioner, usually like a balanced one since I don 't do protein or deep conditioning (no time) and I leave that it while I bathe, then I comb through or finger-comb. If I want more volume. I just finger comb in the shower as I rinse out the conditioner. Then I usually don't use leave in and I"ll comb through out of the shower, to separate and get more volume. Then I"ll scrunch it. Wait a while then I either add in a cream/gel or a leave in and scrunch. Then I get more volume and some soft curls. I don't like the gel/hard curls, that leaves me with no volume, and definition is never perfect anyways. Either way they flatten out in the night anyways, so I'd rather deal with soft flat curls, instead of crunchy ones. If I only comb or finger comb in the shower, and don't comb outside of the shower, then I get fatter curls but less quantity. I find a leave in with a gel/cream, is too heavy for my hair. I guess I could experiment more, but for now, that's what I've been doing.

How about you?? Now I'm excited to try the lemon juice but wanted to find out first if you applied it to scalp and/or hair only!! It's definitely a good clarifier. I like the fact that if kept your volume up despite sleep/etc. etc.
2c
Medium texture
Normal porosity
Normal elasticity
can get weighed down with lots of oils
Co-wash-trying giovanni wellness
Rinse out: Garnier Body Boost, GVP
Leave-in: none right now, maybe a touch of SM curling souffle
Curl enhancer: AOMM and KCCC
Gel: Kiss my face gel
DT:Jessicurl
Low Poo: abba pure and natural, Giovanni Wellness