View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 02:29 PM   #1185
Kawehilani321

Serene Sunshine: I've tried the hair twirl before and it gave me Shirley temple curls bordering on dreds! Not my best look but maybe I need to try a different approach (I'll post at the bottom). I get dandruff issues too and I found the best solution to be coconut oil overnight on my scalp. Hg for me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SereneSunshine View Post
Kawehilani321:

Yes, I have the same deal! Either fabulous volume with some frizz or weighed down definition. Still trying to find a balance and love my hair along the way I like to call our hair type "s" curls with shirley temple ends hehe

Here are examples: 1st pic with volume (can't remember what I put in it) and 2nd pic more recent with my hair shorter. I remember that I used Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and Giovanni Thickening Gel.

Thanks so much for sharing your products. I want to try Giovanni TTTT because I get dandruff pretty bad. And build up. I want to try Giovanni DLI too. It's cheaper than KCKT.

Future technique I'd like to try: twirling my curls when I put in the products. Got this idea from SunKissAlba "Wash & Go" tutorial on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LycK...7Cf6Vg&index=2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawehilani321 View Post
Serenesunshine: I just started the cg method about a month ago so i'm experimenting with products and using others up.
Shampoo: natures gate jojoba/giovani's TTTT
Co wash: suave naturals coconut
Ro: tresemme naturals
Li: kckt/ about to try giovani's dli
Styler: sm csm or ces and using up my oiudad tress effects gel.

I tend to either get really weighed down hair with great definition or volume with little to no definition. Still trying to find the right balance. How about you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SereneSunshine View Post
Kawehilani321: Wow, you're right! We have the same type of hair for sure. What do you use in yours? Please share! Does your hair get weighed down easily too?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using CurlTalk App

Sent from my SGH-T989 using CurlTalk App
Attached Thumbnails
post your 3b pics-uploadfromtaptalk1361395670014.jpg   post your 3b pics-uploadfromtaptalk1361395723275.jpg   post your 3b pics-uploadfromtaptalk1361395741673.jpg