View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 02:57 PM   #37
mamaherrera

No you sound like you've got a good routine and you take better care of your hair than me. I don't sleep with a pineapple because it hurts my scalp, I just do a low pony every day and then either braid the length of do another scrunch to keep it in place because my kids always sleep with me and pull hairs out. I know, I hate crunch because I hear the break as well. I like how your hair separates into lots of separate curls, not big ones, without you having to comb. We really seem like hair twins that's for sure. Except that I don't get root volume, but by hair density and porosity and such, we're the same. and definitely you not having much volume must be from only doing cowashes, that's why. I tried that for a while, but man, no my hair was just flat, that's why I do lowpoos, but if you're getting good curls, with cowashes, keep it up. Let me know if the lemon juice in the conditioner on the scalp gives you any problems. THat is a really good thing for the scalp. I have scalp issues, which is why I stick to lowpoo. I had more hair shed when I used conditioner on my scalp and it was hard to make sure I got it all rinsed out well enough. I love using oil on my scalp as well, but I hate having to put on harshes shampoos to get it out. It's almost like for me it's a lose-lose situation, because yes I give it more moisture, but then I strip it anyways. Castor oil, man I'd love to try that but I heard it's demon to get out. I hate putting mixes in my hair, like with mayo because it's so messy, but yeah i was using a deep conditioner that came out of a tube, I forget the name but I just used it for the time I was in the shower like you said. I hate the whole shower cap thing, walking around my house in a towel for an hour. I do want to try mango and olive oil sometime, though, I heard it is really good for the hair. What's your secret for getting curl at the root. Did you have it before you started doing the CG thing?? Or is it the clips? I try clips, but for me I was freaking out about pulling on hairs when I tried to get them out, and such. I always grab some frizzed hair next to the clip and I need to keep every hair on my head intact if possible!!
Normal elasticity
can get weighed down with lots of oils
Co-wash-trying giovanni wellness
Rinse out: Garnier Body Boost, GVP
Leave-in: none right now, maybe a touch of SM curling souffle
Curl enhancer: AOMM and KCCC
Gel: Kiss my face gel
DT:Jessicurl
Low Poo: abba pure and natural, Giovanni Wellness
working on: getting rid of frizz from the get-go
mamaherrera is offline   Reply With Quote