Yet another update! (I hope I'm not getting annoying lol )

Last night I washed with L'Oreal EverCreme Co-Wash and followed up with a gob of GVPCB.

Just let partly air dry/went to bed without doing anything special with my hair.

Woke up, stuck my head in the shower and rinsed my hair with cold water until it was damp but not fully wet/soaking.

Applied a gob of Tresemme Naturals, finger-detangled.

Applied LA Looks Sport to each section of my hair (used a LOT more than I had previously used with KCCC).

Spritzed the canopy with a bit of SM Curl + Shine mist.

Let air dry.

My hair is mostly dry now, and I have great curl definition and minimal frizz. A bit of crunchiness that I didn't have with KCCC, but nothing a bit of scrunching can't handle!

Tentative conclusion: I CAN have a simple, nearly wash-n-go routine that works with a variety of products (HE or LE!) and gives me consistently good results!

(If it's alright, I'll come back with quick reports if I get similar/different results with different products).

EDIT: My hair is fully dry now and looking awesome! SO happy! *sigh* I wish I had reason to want clumps, though...my hair is thin and sparse, so if I had clumps, even lovely ones, I'd look like I had so little hair....x___x;
Originally Posted by joseybird

Same here. I do relatively the same thing every time. Leave in then gel, let air dry and the routine seems to work with a variety of products. Only I have to ask a question about the hard hold gels. With them I switch it up and put them in soaking wet hair but still I can't escape that crunch. I'm guessing LA Looks is super hard and comparable to Aussie Instant Freeze. I also felt like I had to apply a lot more of the AIF than I do the KCCC. With KCCC, I put very little. With AIF it didn't feel quite right and I wound up putting more every time but then my hair felt, well, disgusting. So stiff and artificial. I can't seem to find a balance. My hair is thick so it feels like it needs more product only it doesn't drink the Aussie the way it does KCCC. The funny thing is I know I don't need that much hold now. My hair will curl and do its thing regardless so long as it's properly moisturized. But the AIF doesn't saturate my hair the way KCCC does so it's hard to tell. I'd say I put about a quarter size glob of AIF per side with an additional dime size in the back which is my "stubborn" area. . .
3A - C, HP, ME, HD. (Coarse, High Porosity, Medium Elasticity, High Density.)

CG since Nov. 2012

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
Condish: TJ 'sTea Tree Tingle*, SM Moisture Retention* + Curl & Shine + Yucca Baobab, Yes to Blueberries
Stylers: KCKT*, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie* + Curl & Style Milk*, KCCC*, FSG*, CJ Pattern Pusha, Curl Keeper
Sealers: Jojoba* or Grapeseed* oil

* = HG