cerendipity is absolutely right about what i thought.

my hair hates hates hates silicones. i couldn't figure out why my hair hated her conditioners because they were supposed to be silicone free. i did like her butters but the mold and separation, along with long wait times and poor customer service issues stopped that too. all of afroveda just left a bad taste in my mouth. made me second guess the integrity of her business and products. if it works for you, fine - do you...
Originally Posted by hippychic
That was 3yrs ago. Im sure there are plenty of natural hair consumers who have let that go, because her business is thriving, even in these economic times. In business these days most folks have no integrity but that doesn't stop goods from being sold. Que sera sera...
Originally Posted by GoldenBlaze
I agree with this. Forums, blogs, youtubers etc do not make up even half of the natural hair community. So just because she may have faced a harsh backlash from the online natural hair blogosphere.....it doesn't mean that her other customers (which again are the majority anyway) care about the "issues". For a lot of people...they don't care...and it's not that serious. Even if suchinsuch is using bases....they rather by a finished product (bases or not) that works...rather than purchase a basic product from a wholesaler and add extra ingredients and mix it to work for them. To a non-mixtress the latter alternative may prove to be MORE expensive and time consuming for them than just buying the Afroveda. People will pay for convenience....and a lot of people don't care about that kind of stuff.

I have not purchased from either product lines and most likely never will btw, so I can see this pretty objectively.
Originally Posted by TheCurlyOne
Very good point and this is exactly how I feel. I buy for convenience because I'm in no way a mixtress. I know how cones and petrolatum feel in my hair and I don't have that feeling when I use Afroveda. It feels like a moisturizing butter that melts in my strands, making them shiny and soft. That's all that matters to me.