View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 11:47 PM   #1
Curlygirl323

Default Anyone else find it impossible to get volume?

All I want are big, poofy, frizz-free curls. But it seems no matter what I try, volume is not on my hair's agenda.

Like many Curlies, I suffer most from flat top. There are always curls everywhere on my head, but there is zero lift to those curls. I have well-defined 3b curls, but they always seem to lay flat against my head. Especially with my body type, I feel like more volume will maximize how my curls look on me. But nothing seems to work. I apparently epically fail at using clips, so I've almost ruled them out. Besides, even if I got lift up top, that doesn't solve the hair around my face.

Here is a photo example of my hair today.
Anyone else find it impossible to get volume?-imageuploadedbycurltalk1361688263.516392.jpg

The ends of my hair look like they have more volume than they do because they are sitting on my shoulders and scrunching up in the photo. Like I said, well defined curls. No oomph. I want oomph. Any suggestions?

By the way, I haven't gotten the hair analysis done yet, but my personal educated guess is that I have medium texture and normal porosity. If that helps determine what might work.
Leave-In: Giovanni Direct Leave-In
Anti-Frizz: Curl Keeper
Gel: Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Scrunching Gel; LA Looks Sport Gel; LA Looks Nutra Curl; IC Hair Polisher Styling Gel
Curlygirl323 is offline   Reply With Quote