While the article is a very helpful guideline, I have to disagree with several aspects of it. I think hair can be highly porous and yet quite healthy. I think that's my hair type. My hair dries very quickly, gets completely saturated in a nanosecond, and I often feel the need to moisturize twice a day. It likes butters, creams, oils, etc. However, it does not seem damaged at all and is very resilient. I always detangle in the shower with my wet head full of conditioner and it definitely never "breaks" mid-strand because of the weight of the water. It tangles easily, I suppose, but what head of curly hair isn't prone to tangling? I had to wait a few months for my virgin roots which haven't been touched by even a blowdryer to confirm my suspicions but yes, my hair is just naturally highly porous. And there ain't anything wrong with that, IMO.
3A - C, HP, ME, HD. (Coarse, High Porosity, Medium Elasticity, High Density.)

CG since Nov. 2012

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
Condish: TJ 'sTea Tree Tingle*, SM Moisture Retention* + Curl & Shine + Yucca Baobab, Yes to Blueberries
Stylers: KCKT*, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie* + Curl & Style Milk*, KCCC*, FSG*, CJ Pattern Pusha, Curl Keeper
Sealers: Jojoba* or Grapeseed* oil

* = HG