I have the same issue and it doesn't help that my hair is bsl and heavy. I would love to have hair like curlyCarmen but like Myrna said her curl type and texture is different. I personally think volume all depends on hair properties such as curl type, strand width and density. My niece has around 3c/4a hair with fine strands/high density and she has lots of volume while my hair which is now 3a med/coarse strands doesn't. And she has long hair it just doesn't get weigh down she's so lucky lol. I think there is only so much volume we can attain naturally because of our properties. You can diffuse upside down and use mousse at the roots for extra volume but unless you get it professionally done won't ever look close to curlyCarmen. I've tried shaking gently at the crown but it didn't make much difference on my hair. I have noticed I have more volume on top after pineappling the night before. Also if your hair is all one length you might want to consider a haircut with layers. I'm starting to accept that my hair just doesn't have the nice crown volume and just try and make it look the best it can. I think you hair is very pretty and your curls so define and you should enjoy them.
CG NEWBIE
curl type: 2c/3a on a good day
med/high porosity & high density
hair strand width: med/coarse
BSL hair & growing

GOING STRONG!!! SAY NO TO HEAT!!!