View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 07:51 AM   #4
kathymack

Quote:
Originally Posted by caralee View Post
I apologize, it shows my signature online but not on the app it seems. My hair is 3a, low porosity, medium density, and fine. I will take your advice and search for sealants. Thanks.
Actually, your signature didn't show online when I looked. It does now. My hair is also fine/low porosity. It doesn't care for straight oils/butters, but likes them in well formulated products.

My mother lives in FL, so I have an idea of what your dewpoints are like--the worst days of a mid Atlantic summer. In the really high dewpoints, I use a leave in OR curl enhancer (meaning one layer) with a jelly product. My hair doesn't care for the chemicals in gels, especially the polyquats. Try using a minute amount of a really rich product that takes a while to absorb and follow with a jelly/gel.

Because my hair is low porosity, it's frequently dry before the products are absorbed. My hair gets better as the day goes on.

SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me
kathymack is offline   Reply With Quote