View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 12:26 PM   #1
curlymetalgirl

Angry Please help..best leave ins for baby fine 3b/3c combo hair

Hi ladies! If anyone can help, I know it's you all. I'm brand new to the Curly-Girl method and i'm currently trying to find a routine that works for me. I think i've found my shampoo and rinse out conditioner but I'm completely stumped as to a good, inexpensive leave in conditioner and styler.

My hair is combo 3c/3b. It's mostly loose 3c curls on top, and the bottom and middle are 3b curls. I have normal porosity (i think, as my hair took to chemical treatments very well) and is a fine texture. My hair is baby-fine and very, very soft. It tends to frizz quite easily. I live in Southern California and right now the main problem I'm having to deal with is the dryness and the wind, both of which seem to get worse in winter.

I know that a good leave in conditioner is one of the basic steps to having healthy hair, but i'm having such an incredibly hard time finding one that's inexpensive and good for my hair type. I don't work right now, so anything above $15 is pushing it . I'll also post my routine and products so you all can get an idea of what I use.

Also, how in the world do you keep your hair from poofing out at the sides when you sleep? I tried the pineapple and my hair went into the dreaded 'triangle-head' shape. What's worse is that it stayed like that almost ALL DAY. Even a simple braid makes my hair poof out on both sides and it is NOT attractive. I probably need a good curly cut to fix this issue, but then again, I don't know.

Shampoo: Nature's Gate Herbal Daily Cleansing Shampoo (Sulfate and Paraben Free) I've been using this since I had dreadlocks and I really love it.

Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing Conditioner(love this stuff)

Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie: I've only used this a few times but i'm starting to think that it's too heavy and rich for my fine hair. I don't particularly like how it tends to weigh down my curls, and it doesn't define them AT ALL. Any ideas for a better styler?

Eco-Styler Moroccan Argan Oil Gel: It's my cousins (who has thicker hair than I do) and I used it on top of the Shea Moisture. I wasn't too pleased with the result of this stuff either. I had massive frizz when I was done with this routine.

Underneath everything, before I apply any product and while my hair is still soaking wet, I apply Moroccan Argan Oil. No complaints there.

So, any ideas for a better leave in and a possible styler? I'm going to try the Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Gel and see if that works. My hair is also to my shoulders when it's curly, and to my breasts when straight. I rarely straighten though.

Thanks ladies!
curlymetalgirl is offline   Reply With Quote