Thanks y'all, that does help! I do need to be more regular about DTs for sure. I'm such a slacker-pants. My hair doesn't seem to have the typical reactions to protein and OCing as most people though. Boo!

To answer product questions--the only LA Looks gel I've tried is the Sports Gel, and it does alright, but I live where there are low dews so the glycerin is often a problem. I'd really love to find something with lots of hold (I like crunch) and low humectants.
Originally Posted by morninglorie
I live in a dry climate where the dews are low as well. I can actually use products with glycerin even in the winter as long as (1) the glycerin is at least
The 4th ingredient or lower in a product and (2) I use a more moisturizing leave in under/with it. The LA looks power spike gel didn't really have a super strong hold but it still worked nicely. BRHG is definitely a strong hold gel. I use no more than a nickel size of it for my tailbone length hair. I usually use it on top of my regular gel or I've had success mixing it with AOMM.
3a (normal-porosity/elasticity/density)
Cleanse: CHS TS+oil, poo bars, Sevi pumpkin poo, Co-wash
LI/RO:MD RCLI, GDLI, Andalou naturals -GVPCB, DB pumpkin, Tresemmé Naturals
Stylers: LALSG, Volumax styling, CHS CK, BRHG, KCCC, Gel-les'C, JC Spiralicious, AOMM, CJPP, SSCEJ

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066