View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 07:46 PM   #32
morninglorie

Quote:
I live in a dry climate where the dews are low as well. I can actually use products with glycerin even in the winter as long as (1) the glycerin is at least
The 4th ingredient or lower in a product and (2) I use a more moisturizing leave in under/with it. The LA looks power spike gel didn't really have a super strong hold but it still worked nicely. BRHG is definitely a strong hold gel. I use no more than a nickel size of it for my tailbone length hair. I usually use it on top of my regular gel or I've had success mixing it with AOMM.
Ohh! I'll keep that in mind about the glycerin. My hair seemed happier off the LA Looks, but I'll try to pair it with a heavier leave in and see what happens. Turns out I also haven't been using nearly enough LI either, so that probably didn't help!

I've been wanting to try both BRHG and AOMM! You're going to pass your experimenting bug on to me

Product update-wise, recently I've been trying HETT over my FSG and have been liking it pretty well. I'm not getting the super floof and producty feel that AIF seemed to give me, at least on day 1. However, my second day hair is NOT good--I lose the clumps and definition and it starts to feel gross. BUT, I added some coconut oil into my FSG, so that might also be contributing to the grosser 2nd day hair.

Currently trying:
Cleanser: SM Moisture Retention
Co-wash: VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea/AIA Coconut Co-wash
RO: GVPCB
LI: Yes to Carrots Pampering Conditioner

Styler: Homemade FSG with a small bit of coconut oil and LALSG
DT/PT: CJCR, GVP Hair Reconstructor or Ion Reconstructor

morninglorie is offline   Reply With Quote