The other factor is that non-white models are still really underrepresented in the fashion world.

I will just quote this commenter from Jezebel becuae she said it really well.
fashionlady: Can I just say as a young black model (I'm a girl) having worked my ass for the past 3 years, this hurts my soul. I'm happy for Ondria as a person but the amount of times I have been told "oh sorry we already have a black girl that looks like you" or "most of our clients dont hire black girls, sorry" and then I see THIS, it pisses me off ! There are so many beauitful black models out there working TWICE as half for barely half the recognition and the only time they give a **** about us is when they need our dark skin for some "ethnic" photo shoot and in this case with Ondria, they couldn't even be bothered. Can I see a black girl do SCANDANAVIAN PRINCESS please? Hmmm?
I mean it's bad enough black models can't get non-racially-specific jobs, now they the white gir gets the African job too, WTF?
To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.