Your wave is how mine looked when I began CG a year ago. You might really surprise yourself in about 6 months of good care, lots of moisture, and no silicones. If you haven't already, get ahold of a copy of the Curly Girl Handbook and pay attention to the wavy section for how to wash and condition without weighing down your hair. When I went CG, I was pretty overwhelmed with all the product options, so I just started using DevaCare (version of DevaCurl) low poo and DevaCare One Condition because I knew they were "safe." I also used DevaCurl's ArcAngel gel until I saw there was wheat in it (I can't use wheat products). Anyway, those were the only products I used for about 3 months while I read about what products everyone was using and why and what kind of hair they had. During those 3 months, I saw my hair transforming. It was pretty awesome. Also, if you like a long loose wave, let it airdry or look into plopping. If you want tighter curl, buy a diffuser and diffuse your hair mostly dry on the days you wash. Pineapple your hair at night with a scrunchy or a no-tangle ponytail holder. I waited a few months before pineappling the first time. The difference in my 2nd day hair was amazing. No tangles and plenty of non-squashed wave.
Hair Properties: 2A/2B, Medium-fine, Normal porosity, Normal elasticity, Medium density
Low Poo: DevaCare, Yes to Cuc's
Rinse Out: DevaCare One Condition, Yes to Cuc's
Cowash: Suave Naturals Lavender, Yes to Carrots Scalp Conditioner
Curl Cream: AG ReCoil, Organix Moroccan Oil Curl Cream
Gel/Mousse: Sweet Curls Elixirs FSG w/ Mag Sulfate added, Sweet Curls Elixirs hard hold gel, DevaCurl Frizz Free Foam, Aquage Uplifting Foam
Protein: Spiral Solutions Protein Spray for daily use