View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 11:44 AM   #60
BLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curlsnswirls View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLB View Post
AOMM is an absolute staple for me on super humid days. It doesn't work as great for me in the winter unless it's very damp out. I like to use it as a leave in. I apply it to soaking wet hair as a base before my curl cream. I love it so much I even chose it as my styling product the day of my wedding (in steamy Key West, Fl)! AOMM, and Mop C mixed with some giovanni DLI as my main styler. I think I sealed with a tiny bit of coconut oil over all of that. Humidity proof hair and shiny perfectly formed curls! I know I used it as a main styler and didn't like it, although it's been a while since I've done that so I can't really remember why. For me it's an amazing leave in though. I would love to hear how other people use it as well! Now I feel like experimenting...
That's interesting how you mentioned the Mop C (curl cream?). I just received my order for some Mop C curl cream today and was wondering how I should use it first. I also just ordered some GDLI (I used it ages ago) and some KCKT. I will experiment tomorrow .

Yes the Mop curl cream! Ooh you have to try mixing the GDLI and the Mop C. The Mop C on its own was too "gluey" and made my hair stringy, but the leave in really balances it out and the results are HG for me. In fact, it's the ONLY combo that results in consistently good results for me this winter. I use about a pea to a dime size of each (my hair is "less is more"). I haven't tried mixing it with KCKT because it doesn't work for me on its own (or layered), but if it does for you I'm sure it would work well with the Mop C! Let me know how it turns out for you!

As it turns out, it was very damp this morning with warmer temps than usual, so I tried my AOMM combo as described above and air dried. My hair took forever to dry (it's been 4 and a half hours and it still doesn't feel completely dry) but i have nicely defined, frizz free waves/curls. I have a feeling it will look even better as the day wears on.
DT/PT: CJ Rehab, SSPDT
LI: Giovanni DLI, AO Mandarin Magic- Jane Carter Scalp Nourishing Serum for dry, sensitive scalp
Stylers: AG Re:coil, Mop C Curl Cream, CCClite, Spiral Solutions FHG...Sealing w/ Coconut oil
Finishing product: JC Nourish & Shine, MD Strawberry Smoothie
http://picasaweb.google.com/11444057...eat=directlink
BLB is offline   Reply With Quote