For my hair, it depends on the dew points. It's medium-fine in texture so it doesn't get weighed down as easily as baby fine hair, but it certainly can't handle thick heavy products.

If the average dew points are below 30, I use Regis Olive Oil leave in conditioner (found at walmart salons), AG: Recoil (Ulta), and Aussie Instant Freeze gel (drugstores) in that order. In the spring and summer when dews are higher, I use Curl Keeper (online), AG: Recoil, and As I Am Curling Jelly (Sallys). My hair loves Re:Coil. It's a cream with mag sulfate in it that my hair loves. I think it's the difference between 2a and 2b for me.

I've also started applying Aquage uplifting foam mousse to my roots near my part and my bangs for extra lift. I apply it last and then lift my roots with my fingers and diffuse just a bit to set it, then diffuse the rest of my hair. Works really well.
Hair Properties: 2A/2B, Medium-fine, Normal porosity, Normal elasticity, Medium density
Low Poo: DevaCare, Yes to Cuc's
Rinse Out: DevaCare One Condition, Yes to Cuc's
Cowash: Suave Naturals Lavender, Yes to Carrots Scalp Conditioner
Curl Cream: AG ReCoil, Organix Moroccan Oil Curl Cream
Gel/Mousse: Sweet Curls Elixirs FSG w/ Mag Sulfate added, Sweet Curls Elixirs hard hold gel, DevaCurl Frizz Free Foam, Aquage Uplifting Foam
Protein: Spiral Solutions Protein Spray for daily use