Ack. L I need to vent. I went for a Deva trim and color root touch up last night and two irritating things happened.

1)I asked the lady who rinsed out my color to use the Goldwell products, not Deva. It’s not that I don’t like Deva but Deva is very high in glycerin and it pulls ALL the color out of my hair – which makes the point of coloring moot. She said Deva is great for color and curly hair and Goldwell has silicones, etc. etc. but she said she’d use Goldwell. But then after she was done, she said, no, she used Deva because it is better for my hair and proceeded to give me a lecture how she brought the whole concept of curly girl and Deva into the salon and my curls were in her safe hands. Well great, but my color certainly is not. So now I am going to have all my stray grays peeking out again.

2)The lady who actually cut my hair (in the curly girl method) asked me “Didn’t you hate your hair when you were a kid?” AND she asked my “Why don’t you straighten your hair?” And yes, I did hate my hair when I was a kid so way to make me feel bad about myself when I am dropping $100 here to help me feel good about myself. It was like I was 10 years old again with my big messy hair in a classroom of sleek straight haired girls.
High Density, High Porosity, Medium Texture, 3B with some kink

DT: SS DDMT - HG
Lo-Poo: No Preference
Co-wash: CJ Smoothing Conditioner
RO: CJ Strengthening Conditioner - HG
LI: CK Satin Roots
Styler: CK Coil Jam
Other Likes: Castor Oil; CK Twist Whip, MD CSC
Dislikes: Wheat Protein; Aloe LIs or Stylers