Thread: Shea Moisture
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 12:38 PM   #17
anonymous_133347

Thanks for the advice. I have tried the milk as a leave in. I honestly like it that way, just not as much as kinky curly knot today. (But I'm willing to try again.) So far I like the milk more as a second day refresher I think. I've also use the milk to SOTC to mixed success when it comes to that Aussie. . . stupid Aussie. I have tried Aussie over the smoothie to loosen its hold and it may help marginally but mhen76 I believe mentioned cocktailing it. Adding the smoothie to the gel, mixing in palm, and then applying it to the hair. That supposedly softens it. But then I wonder if it'd truly be a hard hold gel that might get me through a night of, say, dancing and tomfoolery. I'm going to try that too but just later this weekend (Sunday night?) when I don't have to go anywhere. I probably won't repurchase the Aussie for another personal reason but I just want to be able to make a hard hold gel work for me. Well, one that isn't the argan ecostyler which I like but which seriously dryed out my hair. I also tried the rock hard gelly early. Borrowed some from a friend. It is pretty intense and really lives up to its name.

CG since Nov. 2012

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
Condish: TJ 'sTea Tree Tingle*, SM Moisture Retention* + Curl & Shine + Yucca Baobab, Yes to Blueberries
Stylers: KCKT*, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie* + Curl & Style Milk*, KCCC*, FSG*, CJ Pattern Pusha, Curl Keeper
Sealers: Jojoba* or Grapeseed* oil

* = HG

anonymous_133347 is offline   Reply With Quote