Hi. My name's Francesca. I'm 18 from the UK.

Iíve recently joined this site, finding out about it through searching for more natural products to use on my hair. I have a few questions that I hope someone could help with.

I have 3a hair, low prosperity and high density. Itís really thick and coarse; the result of both parents having thick curly hair. My hair is quite dry although I recently used a honey and olive oil mask which seemed to moisturise it a little. My usual routine is to wash and shampoo with herbal essences and then apply some pure coconut oil while itís wet. I then sit by the aga to air dry. This usually takes 3-4 hours and then I go over it with the hairdryer to make sure the roots are dry. Then I loosely tie it in a ponytail and go to bed. By the next morning it has calmed down and isnít too frizzy.

I was wondering whether I should buy some sulphate free (or low sulphate) shampoo and some silicone free conditioner to use or try co-washing. Once I start using these products will they initially make my hair dry?

I was also wondering whether I should switch from coconut oil to some kind of gel in case my hair is protein sensitive.

Thank you. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

New member looking for advice-dscf3391.jpg

New member looking for advice-dscf3386.jpg
This is my prayer. That I'll die living just as free as my hair.