I recently went CG - or at least, I'm still trying to discover what works for me. However, since I really started to get the hang of the whole CG idea last week, I lose an incredible amount of hair. Not just strands, but entire wisps of hair.

I already did a search as to what the cause might be and I mostly found that it usually is related to stress, food and exercise. I do have to say that I normally experiences a lot of stress which goes along with a lack of exercise, but I'm actually doing really well lately and have reduced my stress levels a big deal and slowly increase on the amount of daily exercise I get, so stress etc. do not seem to be the main cause.

I think the problem lies in my routine, as this is the only thing that I have changed since 23 February. What I have been doing since then:
- Weekly co-wash with Curl Junkie Beauticurls Argan & Olive Oil conditioner. I divide a small amount of conditioner in my hair. Then I get conditioner on my hands and massage and massage and massage. I need a lot of conditioner to be able to massage my entire scalp. After that I comb my hair wooden brush, followed by a wide-tooth comb. Then I let it sit (in a bun) just as long as I need to wash my body and brush my teeth. Finally, I rinse out everything and put it back in a bun. I dry myself off, get some clothes on and release the bun, apply Curl Queen and scrunch my hair dry with a cotton t-shirt. That's it.
- Daily: I spray my hair with water until it is as thoroughly wet as possible. Then I apply Curl Queen, comb it with a wide-tooth comb and scrunch it with a cotton t-shirt.

Thus far, my curls seem more defined, but they are a bit 'stringy/producty' at the beginning of the day and look totally naturally by the end of the day. Also, my hair seems a bit weighed down.

People have advised me to get a different conditioner to co-wash with as this one is supposedly quite heavy. However, the one I want is not yet in stock so until then, I will use this one. I do want to get Curl Junkie Daily Fix and use that to massage my scalp (so basically use that as the 'shampoo') so I can use the Argan and Olive oil as I would use a conditioner normally (thus avoiding this to get on my scalp).

I would love to hear your feedback on possible reasons for my hair loss as well as my routine.
F - LP - HD - NE
Fine, low porosity, high density, normal elasticity
Hairtype 2c

Low poo: Petal Fresh Organics Rosemary & Mint Volumizing Shampoo
Protein: IAGirl's gelatine treatment
Detangler & LI: KCKT
Styling: KCCC

Beauty Is Not a Number

Last edited by Lauraimes; 03-02-2013 at 03:22 AM.