View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 04:16 AM   #1
Lynaea

Default Why aren't there Fine and Coarse boards

I am relatively new here and have of course spent lots of time hunting info and advice. I have found this a challenge though because my hair is fine with a loose wave pattern that is easily weighed down. I have seen posts from 3's with this issue too so I don't think this is a curl type issue. I know there is already controversy about the curl type rankings and boards. The issue I am having is that on the 2 board the reccs don't always apply because of tighter wave patterns or coarser hair. On the porosity boards the same applies. I realize that all the hair properties come into play but I think, especially for beginners, hair thickness is the easiest to get right. I think if there had been fine, medium and coarse hair boards when I started here I would have figured out I had fine hair and some more appropriate products a lot sooner. Because thickness/texture has a lot to do with the weight of product that will work I think separate boards for this hair property would be extremely helpful.

For the record I did originally think my hair was medium, but that was before I found the link to the Curl Junkie founders' post on the subject. That link should be in a sticky if its not already. However if there had been a medium board I at least would not have started out with such heavy products.

So............what does everyone else think?

This is what I'm happiest with right now.
Co-wash: CJ DailyFix
Lo-poo: DermOrganic low-poo
RO: SS Caitlin's co
Leave-in: SheScentIt Okra Repair condish
PT: SS Caitlin's + SS PT
Stylers: Volumax Mega Gel, Max Green Styling Gel, DermOrganics Spray Gel
Techniques: Plopping & Pixie Diffusing.
glycerin, honey, oils & butters Protein!
Lynaea is offline   Reply With Quote