View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 05:47 AM   #12
Who Me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabananalise View Post
I totally understand. I'm not expecting to find something right after I graduate, but I want to go into writing/publishing/editorial stuff which is impossible to break into without experience/connections/a foot in the door. And my program is very connected with potential internships and I don't want to waste that advantage.

I don't really have qualifications for paid jobs in my desired field which is why I want an internship.
I think you have you answer right here. Education, that you're likely paying big bucks for, is more than just in the classroom. The school offers those connections and internships to its students as part of the education. What's the point of getting the degree if you can't use it? I don't think the opportunities are just an "advantage" you you believe they're a requirement to get into the field after graduation. It sounds like its actually a necessary part if you're degree.